Yoga has gained immense popularity in the recent past. However, among the many different forms of yoga, one that has attained significant publicity in the West is Iyengar Yoga. It owes its publicity to the host of benefits it offers. So, if you are on the threshold of including yoga in your daily regime, Iyengar yoga practice is the best choice.
- Iyengar yoga is popularly known as Yoga for beginners. It is accessible and easy to practice.
- Regular practice of Iyengar yoga under expert supervision enhances strength, flexibility, concentration and suppleness. What’s more, it calms the mind, thus, providing both physical and mental wellness.
- Iyengar yoga uses a variety of props to help beginners attain the right posture and perfect body alignment. It is therefore, easy to do for everyone, young or old.
- Iyengar yoga instructors go through rigorous training before teaching the students. So, teaching standards are therefore, high and students are bound to benefit with regular practice.
- As Iyengar yoga is meant for beginners, it is safe.
- It is a structured form of exercise. It builds the perfect foundation to begin the yoga journey. Going ahead becomes easier after practicing Iyengar yoga.
- Iyengar yoga is commonly described as meditation in action. Therefore, the benefits are not limited to the physical body. It synchronizes the mind, body and spirit for overall well being.
- The high degree of body alignment makes Iyengar yoga special and unique.
However, no two studios or instructors of Iyengar yoga are the same. To attain the ample benefits of Iyengar yoga, it is essential to choose the right studio and the right instructors