Yoga for Health – is commonly understood by all. In fact, most people practice yoga with a motto to reap health benefits, apart from physical fitness. For, the ones who are practicing it never fail to rave about its multiple benefits in controlling heart problems, back pain, diabetes etc. Thanks to its therapeutic benefits, most yoga is better known as yoga therapy.
However, there are more than 50 yoga styles. Some are fast paced, others are slow and some others focus on relaxation techniques and meditation. People interested in attaining health benefits often find it challenging to choose a suitable style.
Yoga for Health
The truth is that irrespective of the pace and asanas involved all yoga boasts of therapeutic benefits. All styles include asanas, poses and breathing techniques. So, all yoga is therapeutic. However, the asanas and techniques required for addressing a specific health issue may vary.
For instance: Postures for relief from back pain are different from poses for heart patients. On the other hand, all yoga styles are beneficial for general health improvement.
So, if you intend to address a specific health problem, then you must hunt for yoga therapy workshops matching your needs. Others can join yoga style matching their needs, requirements and personality type.
The best way to find the apt one is to try out different classes and choose one that motivates you to wake you up in the morning without pressing the snooze button.
Here are some of the yoga styles known for health benefits.
Try these and choose the one that creates an impact on your body and mind.
- Hatha Yoga is one of the most popular yoga styles. It is more static in nature and is characterized by slow and gentle movements.
- Iyengar yoga is one of the most popular styles. It was popularized by the well known guru B.K.S. Iyengar. It is better known as yoga for beginners as it focuses primarily on body alignment and attaining the right pose with the help of props like blocks, ropes and others.
- Ashtanga yoga uses a specific sequence of poses and postures. It is a more active form of yoga and is perfect for athletic people.
- Power yoga is characterized by its speed. Even the regular poses are done at a faster pace. This is well known for quick weight loss.
- Kundalini yoga includes meditation, breathing techniques and chanting of mantras along with the respective poses. It is ideal for people looking for calm and peace.
- Hot yoga is a style of yoga practiced in a room with high temperature. You would sweat profusely and lose weight fast.
Each yoga style has its own set of breathing techniques, poses and postures. Try each one and choose the one on the basis of your needs, expectations and goals from a yoga class. Your decision should also be based on the place you live in, injuries, medical conditions etc. Lastly, find a studio that boasts of a favorable environment and experienced instructors.